GDB support for the MPC56x using P&E Micro bdm cable

I have a MPC564 EVB evaluation board from Motorola. It comes with a P&E Micro BDM cable, and a pre-built copy of the gnu toolkit (provided by Macraigor / OCDemon). However, the gdb version is useless with this hardware (unsurprisingly, the build supports only the Macraigor / OCDemon cables - and more surprisingly, it does not support the MPC56x chips or bdm cables at all). Apparently CodeWarrior supports this cable, but it is well outside our budget. I'm looking for any hints for where I could get gdb patches for this setup (windows binaries or source code patches are fine). Apparently the MPC56x bdm interface is similar to that of the MPC860, so any links there would also be of interest.

Thanks,

-- David

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go past." Douglas Adams

Reply to
David Brown