why does the lcd display so lag.

we are using H7202 an Arm7 chip(70MHz) to run linux. When we use X with LCD whose resolution is 640*480 and 8 bit depth, it is too lag to run smoothly. would it be better when we use 320*240 resolution? how would i change the resolution? i used fbset to set xres and yres to 320 and 240 seperately, a quarter of display is working. that's not what i wanted. Any help would be apprieciated.

Reply to
Archer

Is that quarter running any quicker?

Reply to