240x160 COG LCD display

I am looking for a display 240x160 with a build in controller and LED backlight.

I have got a few manufactures that want to build a custom display for me, but I can not seem to find an off-the-shelf display.

Does anyone know of a display like this.

Serial or parallel interface is OK.

Thanks

donald

Reply to
donald

Not exact sizes, but without knowing the application:

or
anything there that may work?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

2" to 3" (cell phone screens) or 50" (guess not for that low resolutions). 1 pcs or 10000 pcs?

Reply to
linnix

Thanks,

5 pcs, mono

3 to 4 inch

Reply to
donald

Both are available.

Around $500 for 5 to 10 pcs.

Reply to
linnix

I found if I order 300-500 units from Emerging Display Technologies Corp, they would be ~$25 each.

Model # EW24HA0

I am looking for maybe 5 per month.

Makes it kind of hard to hold up that much cash. :-/

donald

Reply to
donald

We can probably do a smaller order. Around $500 for first 5 to 10 pcs. And $30 to $40 ea for 100. Less than $20 ea for 300 pcs

We would probably use a die with 600 pads, so the LCD layout is not simple.

Reply to
linnix

If you need something off the shelf that does not have to be designed one method might be to look on sites like GlobalSources:

If you need something that's really custom I believe Linnix could help you.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Try the SONY PSP. The display is what you want, but you would have to make an interface to it.

Their replacement part might be what you need though.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

The PSP LCD would need an external controller to drive and update the signals continuously. The chip we use for a customer has internal video ram, so you just need to dump data into it with SPI or 8/16 bits parallel. Unless the OP LCD output is fairly static, he probably should use 16 bits data dump anyway. But once the data is transferred to the COG, he does not need to keep updating the LCD.

Reply to
linnix

Off-the-shelf and cheap ;-)

Trying to get a few at a time has been my problem.

Thanks for the link, I hope I can get 5-10 units without costing $50+ each.

donald

Reply to
donald

I doubt that, you'd almost have to know someone in China. Shipping alone will cost a large fraction of that.