Why are headhunters overwhelmingly idiots?

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread; however, I couldn' resist responding. I want to be up front and let everyone know that I a a recruiter. No, I am not trying to recruit anyone here. I just wante respond and actually give you some advice in finding the right recruiter. Yes, many recruiters make us look bad because they don't have the technica expertise in explaining the position, or asking the right questions (bu pretend that they know). So in order to qualify the recruiter, ask them this: What does industry is the company in? If you have automotive embedde experience, it may not be enough for a wireless company. Are you working with the hiring manager? Recruiters will only understan the position if they are dealing with the boss. Don't even deal wit recruiters that have to go through HR. HR can be just as clueless. And if they ask you to tweak your resume, forget it. The hiring manager director of engineering will know what to look for in a resume. Tru embedded developers can see through the b.s. in a resume. Recruiters cannot help an engineer with his/her resume. Period. So don't fall for that trap. Anyway, just my thoughts....

got

really

something like

have an

embedded

anything

embedded

on my

know Java.

with

consider

through

times I

retarded?

Reply to
brybb03

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

--

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to

I've heard...

"If you can't do it - teach it! If you can't teach - consult!"

I guess taking that one step further...

"If you can't consult - recruit?"

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark McDougall

The idea being that if they can actually parse that question they should be eliminated from consideration? ;)

Robert

Robert Adsett

Then there's the recruiter I encountered who said he was paid so much money to do recruiting that he couldn't be bothered to discuss the jobs for which he was recruiting.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

Why are headhunters idiots? Because there are zero requirements to become a headhunter other than wanting obscene fees for a few minutes on the phone.

Why are they hated? Because they are typically sleazy as a used car salesman, an un-needed middleman, a parasite.

Reply to
Moon Shine

They are no different than the HR department of any company. Think of them as outsourced HR.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Which is exactly what Moon Shine just said!

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark McDougall

...without the longevity of HR employees. There is little point in assisting a headhunter by, say, giving him a lead in the hope that he may help you in the future. For him there is no future; he will be gone in a few weeks.

Reply to
Guy Macon

exactly not.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

"Because there are zero requirements to become a headhunter other than wanting obscene fees for a few minutes on the phone. Because they are typically sleazy as a used car salesman, an un-needed middleman, a parasite."

Reads like a dictionary entry for "HR" to me?!? :P

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark McDougall

How about communicating in English? With this sort of rubbish, you only make yourself appear to be an imbecile.

Reply to
Rob Horton