Some Might Find This Useful

I think it's pretty neat, and for those who don't automatically do the math in their head right away, useful.

Reply to
jurb6006

Google let me down in finding this. I have had a couple different ones over the years. Of course this is not extremely accurate but it is quick.

I actually dug it up from an old filing cabinet I have had forever.

Actually, if anyone needs, I could scan it at a higher resolution. That copy is at the default on the HP CM1312nfi. I'm pretty sure it can do better.

I remember there being other charts that helped with quick design. One had the mu or a tube plotted against plate load resistance and gave open loop voltage gain, something lke that.

For some reason these things are no longer aropund. Of course we can all do 1 over 2 pi FC, but when it is right there it is even better.

Anyway, if anyone asks for a higher resolution copy I will scna it and upload it. At the moment though, it aeems like it should work fine just the way it is.

Reply to
jurb6006

Once upon a time, engineers owned and used programmable scientific calculators. You could write your own software and store it on a magnetic card or in the calculator's battery-backed RAM.

HP still makes the latter sort, but they're designed by Australians, and lack the elegance of HP's American products.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

the elegance of HP's American products. "

Don't tell me they don't have our highly advanced plannd obsolescence. Australians are animals anyway, in fact I am thinking of moving there but I have to figure out how to get my guns in.

Anyway,

Anyway nothing. Actually. lol

Be well, and if you ever have to design a crossover on the fly, remember the chart...

Reply to
jurb6006

calculators. "

Once upon another time the had slide rules...

Reply to
jurb6006

I still have my first Pickett. It's almost 50 years old. Students should be required to learn how to perform calculations with a slide rule, before using a calculator.

I was the first undergraduate at the University of Maryland to have an HP-35. I used to sit around of an evening, with other science and engineering students, completing the final calculations for their homework.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck