USB endpoint/interface question.

Hello.

I am developing with ATMEL 8bit MCU and this device is recognized as HID keyboard in windows. Currently this device has 1 IN endpoint that transfer data from device to PC. I need to make this device flash upgradable and need OUT transfer for that. I examined USB book and I wonder I just need to add another OUT endpoint or I should add another interface. I am curious about this because keyboard interface may not support OUT transfer. Please answer

Thanks.

Reply to
JY Kim

You can use control endpoint as vendor specific request.

Mister

Reply to
Mister

There is a USB spec which describes a standard way to do device firmware upgrades:

It simply uses the Control endpoint, which is bidirectional.

Other USB devices I am familiar with use similar schemes, even if they do not actually follow the DFU standard.

--
   Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Reply to