USB device driver / LPC board

I have a LPC2478 board

lpc2478_kit.php) which comes with a USB OTG port.

I will run linux on this board and connect this to PC which runs windowsXP via USB OTG port.

I wanted to know if there is any quick way of making this USB communication possible without writing a USB driver from scratch. Some ready made USB API or some software like that which can reduce my development time.

Regards

ashu

Reply to
ashu

As far as I'm aware the LPC2478 does not have an MMU so chances of running Linux on it are approaching zero.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

I plan to run uC linux(micro linux).

Reply to
ashu

Does uClinux count ??

olimex has uClinux on their CD, and a link for uClinux patch on their web site.

don

Reply to
don

my main problem is on the pc side and development of s/w on the pc side so that I communicate with the board via USB. I dont want to write a driver from scratch since that will take more time.

Reply to
ashu

That depends on what you want to do with the USB. If you want a standard serial type communication then you can look at something like a CDC class driver. You can find a little information on this here:

look under the "Functionality" section (it is for a different processor, but it may be compatible as it is also an LPC device).

Also take a look at

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

Look at "gadget" which is a set of device-side drivers for functions such as serial over USB, "ethernet" over USB, mass storage over USB, etc, _AND_ corresponding host drivers for windows and linux PC's to talk to your device.

Most embedded linux/uClinux devices with device-side USB "gadget", or else something along similar lines.

Reply to
cs_posting