uC/OS-II Vs Drivers

Hi, I am trying to understand the uCOS architecture. I understood that drivers(like CAN, USB, etc..) should be created as TASKS for integrating with uCOS. Is it correct ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards, Gopu.S

Reply to
vskgopu

It depends.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

The functions that control these drivers are called from tasks, but the drivers themselves are not necessarily "in" the task. Usually they are just a part of the code set and their functions are called from within the tasks that form your application. Some drivers like the TCP/IP stack utilize other uCOS facilities like semaphores to control operation, but these are requested/checked from within the applicatoin tasks.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

Thanks a lot for ur replies.

Reply to
vskgopu

Who is ur? I didn't see any replies from him.

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Ur was an ancient Sumerian city near what was once the mouth of the Euphrates river. Not real sure what it has to do with uC/OS-II...

--
Grant
Reply to

Sorry for the confusion. Here "ur" stands for "your". I meant to thank "Vladimir Vassilevsky" and "Scott".

Reply to
vskgopu

No confusion. I hope you have the idea. No silly abbreviations.

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:30:38 -0800, CBFalconer wrote (in article ):

That would be NSA, one of the lesser used TLA's.

-- Charlie Springer

Reply to
Charlie Springer