How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?

Hi All,

I am supposed to write a CPU monitoring tool. Which monitors the CPU
Speed, temperature, Frequence etc. Change them if required.

How can I do this? Are there any system call available to perform these
tasks?

Please reply.....

Thanks and Regards,

Re: How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?

You've got a problem. You've been asked to do a task that you don't have
the first clue what to do. Worse, you want other people to do it for you.

Re: How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?
Hi,

Yes, I do not have a single clue of how to monitor the CPU Frequence
but, I have not asked for the solution. I was just asking for a clue, i
don't want other people to do it for me.
If you have some information please kindly provide it.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad.

Re: How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?

The simplest thing would be to use a thermometer with IEEE 488
interface and for best accuracy, an oven controlled frequency counter
(also with IEEE 488 interface) to measure the crystal frequency.

Then the only thing that you would have to do is the simple task of
writing the IEEE 488 driver for your embedded platform.

Paul

Re: How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?

Goto google and search for "linux sensors" and "linux cpu frequency"

Re: How can I monitor the CPU Speed and CPU Freq. Change them?
Thanks to all the hep provided by all of you.
I am able to monitor current CPU speed and it's temperature.

Searching on google with string "linux kernel frequency" did help me a
lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad.