SPI driver for arm running linux

Dear All,

I've arm board equipped with Samsung S3C2410A chipset. And at the moment we are using 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa1 linux kernel. Now we need to have SPI support for our product but through my search i have come to know that there is no SPI driver for 2.6.x backward builds, my conclusion is based on this [

] source.

Now it would be great if some one can clarify following points:

0) Should i upgrade to 2.6.x version? are there in porting issues involved? 1) Can i write my own SPI driver for our existing version (2.4.18) ? 2) I have done driver development for windows but never did this in linux world! any good pointers or tutorials for writing/compiling the driver and interface will be appreciated.

I hate cross posting but just gonna post it to linux and embedded. Just 2 NGs;-) ali

Reply to
Ali

Yes.

But of course.

May be or may be not.

Starting reading the kernel sources and see how much you can understand.

Reply to
linnix

there is a free online book on Linux device drivers at

Although latest 3rd edition will be covering Kernel 2.6.x, so try finding previous revisions of the book for Kernel 2.4.x

Remis

Reply to
Remis Norvilis

at

Although latest 3rd edition will be

Second edition is here

, but nothing for SPI named thing;-) i guess its architecture should be more or less char driver.

ali

Reply to
Ali