Ethernet controller question

Hello,

I need to add ethernet connection to a board that I'm currently designing.

My knowledge is limited to the ethernet and tcp/ip protocols and I'm trying to figure out which chip fits better my needs. These are the requirements:

  1. MAC only or MAC + PHY
  2. Low power and low cost
  3. Auto MDI-X autocrossover
  4. Reliable chip

Which are the parameters I should take into considerations when comparing the various chips?

thanks in advance, Enrico

Reply to
zigbee

Hello,

I need to add ethernet connection to a board that I'm currently designing.

My knowledge is limited to the ethernet and tcp/ip protocols and I'm trying to figure out which chip fits better my needs. These are the requirements:

  1. MAC only or MAC + PHY
  2. Low power and low cost
  3. Auto MDI-X autocrossover
  4. Reliable chip