SanDisk Connect Plus 128Mb+Wifi Compact Flash (SDWCFB-128) card problem

I'm looking for a PDA (Production Data Area) file for this card. It can be extracted (from a working card) using WinUpdate or similar tool for flashing Prism-based cards.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

I don't think someone can find a "working card", since AFAIK it is yet to be released.

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

I bought one not too long ago. I believe it was either at buy.com or maybe CompUSA, for evaluation in an embedded project using a PRISM driver for a 8bit micro.

The Combo card behaves differently after powerup. I.e. it is a v2.0 multifunction card and it seems that the memory card function is enabled as default. It would take a little bit of work to map the prism chipset into a configuration so that a standard PRISM chipset driver can find it. The mapping registers are documented in the CF spec, so in theory, it shouldn't be too hard.

If you're using the combo card with Windows or CE, you will need to use the specific card driver that comes with the card in order to make the WiFi part work. Without it, the card just comes up as memory card.

See ya, -ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, cyliax@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */
Reply to