Wifi through compact flash

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently involved with building control software for a robotic device. The embedded processor board we are using is running the familiar linux distribution. This device also has a compact flash type 1 socket. We are intending on plugging a flash wifi card (802.11) into this socket to allow wireless comunication.

Unfortunately we are having trouble identifing suitable drivers/methods for doing this through Linux. Having looked at:

it appears there are many device drivers for linux based, wireless lan solutions. However, I've not been able to find any information on connecting wireless LAN through compact flash (Most solutions are through pcmcia).

Are there drivers available for connecting wifi through compact flash under linux?

Could you please point me in the direction of where I can find more information on this?

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Reply to
Brif

Try the D-link AIR (DCF-660W) I've used it on a couple IPAQ projects running Familiar. As I recall, in the latest distribution you don't even have to edit any configuration files, just plug it in and it should work.

device.

for

connecting

under

Reply to
Clark Pope

look for Sharp Zaurus and CF-WIFI support, you will find lot of things

AmbiCom WL-1100D

Reply to
Rushi