Wifi through compact flash

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently involved with building control software for a robotic device.
The embedded processor board we are using is running the familiar linux
distribution. This device also has a compact flash type 1 socket. We are
intending on plugging a flash wifi card (802.11) into this socket to allow
wireless comunication.

Unfortunately we are having trouble identifing suitable drivers/methods for
doing this through Linux. Having looked at:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html

it appears there are many device drivers for linux based, wireless lan
solutions. However, I've not been able to find any information on connecting
wireless LAN through compact flash (Most solutions are through pcmcia).

Are there drivers available for connecting wifi through compact flash under
linux?

Could you please point me in the direction of where I can find more
information on this?

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Re: Wifi through compact flash
Try the D-link AIR (DCF-660W) I've used it on a couple IPAQ projects running
Familiar. As I recall, in the latest distribution you don't even have to
edit any configuration files, just plug it in and it should work.

device.
for
connecting
under

Re: Wifi through compact flash
http://www.dlink.com/products/?modelDC%F-660W

look for Sharp Zaurus and CF-WIFI support, you will find lot of things

AmbiCom WL-1100D