recommendations on good books on RTOS needed

hi,

Could anyone give recommendations on RTOS books?

Specifically, books talk a little in-depth on general design and
implementation of RTOS, such as scheduling, concurrency, interrupt
handling, device drivers; also, comparison of different RTOSes such as
VxWorks. Basically, good books for a senior embedded software
developer interested in RTOS area.

Appreciated,
Chen

Re: recommendations on good books on RTOS needed
MicroC/OS-II - The Real-Time Kernel, Second Edition, Jean Labrosse

www.ucos-ii.com

Comes complete with the RTOS on CD.  Ports to 100 different
processors/compilers free on his web site.

Scott

Re: recommendations on good books on RTOS needed
I have never encountered 3rd party author write a book covering
RTOSes. It looks like you'll have to read thru each vendor's manual.

Other than that, I think you can get by with reading general Operating
Systems textbooks. Even after reading such books in school, I never
really learned much about the theory of scheduling, concurrency, and
interrupts that I can apply to a closed-source RTOS which I can't see
the source code anyways. Maybe for Linux, it will help.

If you want to see a university course on RTOSes, go to www.google.com
Type in "Embry-Riddle", "VxWorks". It will teach you the basics of
programming VxWorks, LynxOS,Unix, etc., or go to:

http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/old_knife /