Good intro books on OFDM?

I'm a digital ASIC engineer looking for some *beginner* (not reference/advanced!) books on Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM.) Well, hopefully such a book exists?

The book I already have "Multi-carrier Digital Communications: Theory and Applications of OFDM" (by Bahai, Saltzberg, and Ergen) seems a bit beyond me. It's a great reference for researchers, but as you've probably guessed, it's difficult for math-challenged engineers like myself to put that into practice.

Reply to
whatisofdm

You probably dont need a whole book, if you are just looking for an introduction! There are some very good introductory papers on OFDM, have a search on IEEEXplore...

Porterboy

Reply to
porterboy76

Maybe stick with more std DSP texts that include a decent section on OFDM, but I don't know of one OTOH.

Reply to
JJ

Van Nee and Prasad "OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communcations" ISBN 0-89006-530-6

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
onyx49

Hi,

what ever you do, avoid buying "OFDM Wireless LANs" by Heiskala & Terry.

I have never, in 20 years, seen a book with more typographical errors and gross technical mistakes.

After re-rereading the the "glowing" Amazon.com "reviews" for this book I now think 70%-90% of the reviews were written by one, or both, of the authors. I bought this crappy book and I wasted my money.

Keep away from this book, or you'll be sorry.

Axil

Reply to
Axil Frawley

Axil,