Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

20 years solitary??????

Reply to
SG1

of the SIPP package.

Might have been that type, as I remember that it plugged into a row of turned pin headers along the edge of the PBUFF board.

They very likely came from one of those surplus parts distributors that advertised in electronic magazines at the time - that would have been the sort of source our budget tended to favour at that point in time - just coming off of 17% home loan rates ;)

Anyway it worked very well for a few years until WIN95 came along and wasn't needed anymore.

Reply to
kreed

I had forgotten my own work. Too many years. Yes the later version boards had a row of 30 pins for the SIMM-SIPP type DRAM memory modules.

I just checked the schematic at:

Quoting from my page at:

"The current Rev. K board has additional provision to install an alternative 256K/1Mb/4Mb SIPP/SIMM type MEMORY MODULE. That means, you can either install standard 16 or 18 pin by 1 bit Drams, or a MEMORY MODULE. Both 8 byte and 9 byte type MODULES can be used. The software ignores the ninth byte.

PBUFF Supports a mixture of 64K/256K/1Mb/4Mb DIP/SIMM/SIPP DRAMs in 10 memory sizes up to 4Mb. Supports 64K, 128K, 256K, 320K, 512K, 1024K, 1088K,

1280K, 2048K, and 4096K (4Mb)."

Cheers Don...

===========================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

A good slapping?

Reply to
keithr

Probably nothing - no-one is interested in the Vic 20. There is one on eBay for $55 - it's been there since July !!!!

Reply to
fritz

some interest in the 64, a basic internet connection has been operated off one. They are easily set up as controllers for displays. (Amateur versions of traffic displays).

--
greymaus
.