Question on Embedded Passive Resistors

Hi folks,

can anybody explain me what Embedded Passive Resistors are? I read that they are resistors that can be built during the PCB fabrication process.

In particular I would like to know:

1) Is it required a special work flow?

2) What are the main advantages and disadvantages compared to ordinary thick film smd resistors?

3) Costs

thanks in advance, Enrico

Reply to
Enrico

Absolutely.

Mainly, getting them very close to where they need to be, with a minimum of PCB area occupied. Mostly used in compact personal electronics, e.g. cellphones.

Reply to
larwe

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Do you happen to know a good site that explains how to use them from the PCB designer point of view?

Enrico

Reply to
Enrico