Embedded CPU board question!!

Hi~ I have a question about Embedded CPU board

If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high technology for Embedded industry?

CPU support

Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB

On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 Supports streaming SIMD instruction Supports uni- processor implementation Supports Hyper- Threading Technology

Thanks a lot!!

Julia Ho

*The harder I work the luckier I get*
Reply to
Lucky Girlâ„¢

In a world where "embedded" can cover everything from a single 4-bit micro all the way up to an embedded multi-processor VME chassis, the terms "normal" and "high technology" are very, very relative.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

It's neither. It's somewhere in between, because "Embedded industry" is such an enormously nebulous specification.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see any reason to call such a thing an "Embedded CPU board". There's really nothing particularly embedded-specific about it. It's a PC mainboard, period.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

Dear All,

Thank for reply. You mean my information is not enough for judging my question. What kind of information do you need for answer my question?

If I give below information, is it can judge?

Socket 604 for Dual Intel=AE Xeon=AE/LV Xeon=AE processors up to 2.8 GHz

184-pin DIMM x 4 , Supports DDR 200/266 SDRAM memory up to 8 GB

Intel=AE E7501/P64H2 chipsets

ATI Rage=99 XL VGA, 8 MB frame buffer memory

Intel=AE 82545GM Gigabit Ethernet x 2

Customized 2U Heatsink/Fan for Dual Xeon processors

Thanks

Julia Ho

*The harder I work the luckier I get*
Reply to
Lucky Girl™

Hmmm. Looks like larwe was right. It's a sales spam disguised (sorta) as a tech question.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees