Passive RFID Technology ?

Hi,

I want to keep track of delivered components automatically. It looks like RFID tags (Passive) should be a viable solution. Are there any sort of standards available so that one do not have to use products (Bot scanners and RFID Tags) from a single vendor. If possible I would like to connect a reader module to a small embedded node that provides the invormation via some sort of network to a central node, which then can provide this information to a database running on a standard PC.

Any suggestions and pointers would be appreciated.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Hello,

have a look at

and especially the

I tried one of their readers with tags and thew send the recognized tag number just over serial port. You can also contact the email on top of

for details ! Sorry for german page, but i think it is helpful.

I have no connection to this company, beside using a product of them.

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Maurer

"Martin Maurer" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:42ac37c8$0$83925$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.white.readfreenews.net...

try

DIY kits

Reply to
Vincent Lai

You didn't indicate your range requirement. There are two basic tag types at least for this discussion. One type operates using H field (magnetics) while the other uses E field. Passive H field tags typically have read ranges up to one foot or so while some passive E field tags have been read in excess 3 meters away using unlicensed readers. Licensed readers (higher power) are used to extend the read distance. All that aside, one place to get some info (and products) concerning RFID tags is

Regards

-Bill Knight R O SoftWare &

Bill Knight

Range wise it should be possible to read the tags close to 100% reliable when an object is taken through a wide (4 door) doorway, so it looks like the 3m range is a requirement. I have found some info on TIs and Infineon's site, but so far haven't been able to get a clear picture. (There is a hell of a lot of buzzwords, and info targeted at a non-technical audiance).

Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look and hopefully come back with somewhat more intelligent questions.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus