[Q]: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)

Any hint or link ? I found TI only offers ROM versions. Peripherals are not important, but I need at least 2KB RAM and like Flash since UV erasing is no choice.

TIA

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

That calls for the 'F14x/'F44x types or the upcoming 'F16x controllers. Check out Olimex.com. Not only do they manufacture good and cheap PCB prototypes, they have an number of PIC/AVR/MSP development boards, too.

HTH, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hildebrandt

How about the MSP430F11X(1) Flash Emulation Tool MSP430F12X/F11X2/F12X2 Flash Emulation Tool MSP430F13X/F14x Flash Emulation Tool MSP430F41X Flash Emulation Tool MSP430F43X/44X Flash Emulation Tool

All on the TI website. I've personally bought about 10 of the MSPFET430P140 and just dropped them onto a motherboard for a project. Come with the crippleware IAR compiler. HTH,

-- Alf Katz snipped-for-privacy@remove.the.obvious.ieee.org

Unbeliever

Try

they sell the eval boards that TI talks about. TI's links eventually take you there anyway.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

Unfortunately, Softbaugh only takes AMERICAN EXPRESS.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Yes, that is a pain, but the boards seem to work ok.

The sample code is a bit scary (not to mention buggy) but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

--
Randy Howard            _o
2reply remove FOOBAR    \

they

Thanks, esp. the easyWeb board looks appealing.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
Use @epost.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Found those, but I understood FET is a kind of JTAG box ? Esp. because my brochure (found under a pile of papers) notes for the P140: Product family 13x,14x,15x,x16x So it seems not to be an eval board.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
Use @epost.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

MSPFET430P140

Wrong. It's both. A CPU on a board with space for rocks (crystals) , padouts for all ports, a jtag interface, connectors to connect to a proto board, a led to flash (gotta have one of those) as well as the serial to Jtag interface.

Cheers,