DIR 100 router as a hardware platform for embedded system?

Hi All, I need to prepare a small, ethernet connected embedded system (just a few pieces). The cheapest solution is to reuse a standard router. I have found the

but it lists only relatively old routers. There is also OpenWRT site (
), but it lists mainly relatively expensive, WiFi enabled routers. The cheapest router I can buy is DRI 100, manufactured by D-Link. However I can not found any info regarding its internals and reengineering. Before I'll buy and disassemble one, could someone please provide me with some information regarding the hardware resources available in this box (CPU, amount of FLASH/RAM, available "hidden" connectors)?

-- TIA & Regards, Wojtek

Reply to
wzab

Hi All, I need to prepare a small, ethernet connected embedded system (just a few pieces). The cheapest solution is to reuse a standard router. I have found the

but it lists only relatively old routers. There is also OpenWRT site (
), but it lists mainly relatively expensive, WiFi enabled routers. The cheapest router I can buy is DRI 100, manufactured by D-Link. However I can not found any info regarding its internals and reengineering. Before I'll buy and disassemble one, could someone please provide me with some information regarding the hardware resources available in this box (CPU, amount of FLASH/RAM, available "hidden" connectors)?

-- TIA & Regards, Wojtek

Reply to
wzab

Sorry, I wanted to post to comp.arch.embedded, comp.os.linux.hardware with follow-up to comp.arch.embedded, but I've mistaken :-(. Please direct the responses (if any) only to comp.arch.embedded. Sorry for confusion :-((

-- Wojtek

Reply to
wzab

In message , wzab writes

You might want to take a look back at Elektor Electronics index, they published details of how to use a low cost (Approx. 20UKP at the time) Sweex router as a web server.

Clint Sharp
Reply to
Clint Sharp