Pseudo SRAM

I am looking for what would normally by a SDRAM application except I don't
have a convenient SDRAM controller and I would like to avoid a FPGA
solution.

I started looking at Pseudo RAM which my understanding is essentially a
DRAM with a built in controller.

In my application, I would like a 16M x 8 bit device in QFP. I am also
interested in smaller sizes. I have found a number of BGA packaged devices
that are aimed at PDAs.

Any ideas?

--
Al Clark