problem while selecting a device in keil uvision3

hi everybody,

I am using keil uvision3 trial version. While creating new project when I select DS80C400 as a device then instead of loading startup code for DS80C400 it loads the startup code for DS80C390. Can anybody tell me about this problem? Please do mail me at snipped-for-privacy@intelligaia.com .

Reply to
manoj

On what basis did you conclude that was a problem?

No. You write here --> you read here.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

that is a problem because this startup code will not work with DS80C400. My program will not be compiled properly. Do you know the solution for that?

Reply to
manoj

How do you expect anybody to be able to tell you the solution if you don't even say what the problem is? "Will not work" doesn't tell us anything. What actually happens?

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

According to you this is not a problem when we are selecting one device and keil loads the startup code for other device?

Reply to
manoj

I don't know the devices you are considering, and I don't know Keil's tools. But I /do/ know that tools will bundle similar devices together. If the compiler has given you startup code for the DS80C390 when you chose the device DS80C400, it is probably because the same startup code works perfectly well for both devices.

So to re-state Hans Bernhard's question, what is the /actual/ problem? Do you think it won't work simply because the code has a different name from the one you expected, or because you have tried it and found problems, or because you have compared the datasheets for the two devices and seen significant differences?

Reply to
David Brown

In message , manoj writes

You are in the wrong place

Try the Keil web site... there is a support forum also ask the chip supplier.

What is the difference between the 400 and 390? Does it affect the start up code.

It could be that one is an extension to the other and both use the same start up code.

Chris H