Video Capture and storage

Hi,

I am looking at building a system that will capture SVGA or better video from a USB camera encode in H.264 or Theora, and save to an High Density SD Card 32GB. The system will be battery (maybe solar) operated, so control of the camera or controller can't happen over a wired network.

I found this with a google search:

, but I am not sure if it will be sufficent.

Any ideas on what development kit I should use? Anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks, Neel

Reply to
Neel

Why must it be USB? By inserting USB as a requirement you are compromising the battery requirement. A more efficient solution would be to connect a DSP or fast uC directly to the camera sensor.

Reply to
larwe