PCI Bridge / Expansion in x86

Hello Gurus ,

I am having PCI dataacquistion card which are capable of Bus Mastering in my system . I only have one PCI Port .

1) Now if i use PCI expansion card and get many ports , does it effect the ability of my PCI dataacquistion devices to do BUS Mastering ?

2) Is there a limit to the number of Ports i can get via expansion cards , assuming bandwidth related issues are taken care of .

3) If the Latest Intel boards have 3 ports , will they all be capable of handling Bus Mastering, by the PCI daq devcies .

Appreciate your reply . thanks subra

Reply to
avsrk67