Linux on Microblaze

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has experience implementing Linux on Microblaze. How "smooth" is it? What are the pitfalls? Limitations/issues?

I am not talking about uClinux but rather the MMU version/s.

I hear conflicting reports. Hard processor vendors bash the heck out of it and tell us that it is an absolute nightmare (gee, I wonder why?). Xilinx and the disti are telling us that all will be fine.

Which is it?

-Martin

Hi,

From the experience we have at OpenPattern, the code is good enough but we are having lots of problems with broken build scripts and outdated toolchains. We are preparing an OpenWRT-based distribution that should address those issues. We are using the uClinux version for now, but we plan developments with the MMU-enabled one as well. Stay tuned :)

Sebastien

Reply to
Sebastien Bourdeauducq

uClinux is an operating system derived from Linux.

Win32 is not an operating system or product. It is a set of APIs provided by multiple operating systems from Microsoft, and in some cases by alternative products such as Wine and Wind/U.

Reply to
Eric Smith