OT. Eating Ho-Ho's

Well, thankfully, I did not collect the data for that long.

--
Richard
Reply to

Ooo, that must play havoc with your teeth. Cavities?

I used to do this with sunflower seeds, but I had to give it up. I never got very good at spitting the shells where I wanted them.

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to

difference in

and Pez

flavor 2

savor each

The joy of Starburst is that they are quite malleable. So it's possible to take two different flavors and combine them to make a new flavor. If you're really bored, you can flatten each candy and layer them, folding the combined candies and flattening them again, and so on.

As for M&Ms - after my first (and only) bag of the black and white ones, I'm waiting for the colors to come back. The black ones had a strange bitter aftertaste that I don't like.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly Hall

Well, don't keep us in suspense! What were the results???

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.

rickman

I now always eat finger food like that with my left hand, despite being right handed, so that my right hand remains clean (and, vice versa, that contamination of my right hand with nasty chemicals needn't jeopardise my eating) for similar reasons - more using a mouse than soldering.

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell

rickman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

That was one job ago, about 7 years back, so I'm afraid I don't remember, other than that there did not appear to be an even distribution from my limited sample.

--
Richard
Reply to

I once had a job so bad that I analysed the win/lose ratio of Mickysoft's solitaire game on the single draw setting. In several hundred runs it came out to a probability of winning of 1/3. That was a very early version of Windows, though, and it may be different in newer 32-bit variants ;)

--
Trevor Barton
Reply to

Where I worked once I discovered technique for sometimes getting two Mars bars out of a vending machine whilst paying for one (it wasn't properly set up mechanically and involved switching the machine off and on at the wall socket). I mentioned it to the other engineers in the group and we had a competition to see who could get the most free Mars bars, with a tally kept on the whiteboard in the office.

I used to work with someone who told me once that he found his previous job so boring that he used to go up and down in the lifts for some excitement. It was a very tall building.

Where I worked a long time ago a graduate trainee left another department after a few months. I cleared his desk after he left (I think we needed it) and found that he'd been occupying his time by making very detailed and accurate drawings of the top of his desk, with everything included, his pencils, phone, stapler, etc.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com

Flattening a starburst into about 50 mil width and then pushing liquid threw it with your tongue to determine the flavor is my goto exercise with that candy. Gives you at least 3 extra minutes per piece.

Black and white M&Ms? What a blunder as far as I'm concerned. Almost as bad as the whole "New Coke" then "Classic Coke" deal.

Reply to
Dave

25 minutes!? I never managed to hold them in the mouth for more than 2 minutes -- they just melt. Might be the difference in the recipe. (On the related note -- "Visible Mars Bar Project":

I was always curious how they do muffins with chocolate chips on top. The chips were definitely injected (embedded?) into and over the muffin before it being baked -- they stay intact and non-melted on the final product, though daub the fingers if being touched.

As for habits - if eating cheese, I prefer to:

while (isavailable (cheese)) { cut_a_slice (); eat_a_slice (); }

instead of:

while (isavailable (cheese)) { cut_a_slice (); } while (isavailable (slice)) { eat_a_slice (); }

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

We never had any of those Yankee snacks. It was moon pies and snowballs down south. You don't play with them, you just eat them.

The only things that still taste as good as they did when you were a kid are Baby Ruths and Peanut Butter Cups.

Chocolate is important to engineering.

John

They drag out and dust off those commercials once in a while. There's one that has been about for approximately a year, with adults with kids voices talking about Vegemite. It's not bad.

Marmite is available here as well.

Reply to
dmmilne