Open source Logic Analyser

I'm not sure why all the problems, we've got cheap ($1200) Tek scopes that work great for the engineers in debugging those frequesnecy ranges. Is there a specific problem that you need solved so you can avoid the hassle?

couple

can

8

months

input

this

in

Reply to
me

On the Coolrunner parts you need to be aware that the chips are only "4 volt tolerant" until power is applied. I don't know how robust these parts will be considering that they don't really stand up to 5 volt signals when not powered. You might be better off with a part with true

5 volt tolerance like the SpartanXL (I think) or the ACEX 1K. From the ACEX data sheet, "Signals can be driven into ACEX 1K devices before and during power up without damaging the device. Additionally, ACEX 1K devices do not drive out during power up."
--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

Have you looked at the Ant8? - no connection - but I like the sound of it:-

"Ultra-portable - fits in a pocket. Powered from USB port - no additional power supply required

8 Channels, 3072 samples deep 500MHz sampling speed"

Ok it is $199 but think of how much design time (your hours) you save... Geo

Reply to
Geo

Agreed. I've bought several items of test gear from the US via Ebay in the last year or so, including a 1630G logic analyser (don't laugh :-) with all probes and manual for ~$200. Not the latest and greatest, but more than adequate for the micro and comms stuff i'm doing at the mo. Looks like it had never been used internally. Shipping was around $80, surface and took about 4-5 weeks. Ebay is the first place I look for test gear now and with the $ at an all time low, some of the kit is a real steal, even with the shipping and import duty.

Unless you have a real interest and pressing desire to build your own, would recommend you buy, as you can't build one of the same quality for the price and man hours...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Quayle