WTB: Logic Analyser

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new LA. Well, I have money burning a hole in my pocket..

At the moment I have a Thurlby LA4800 48-channel 25Mhz all-in-one lightweight box with an LCD screen. The capture depth is about 2K.

I'm just looking for recommendations really? :-) One of those PC/USB-style things might well be considered. I saw one of those PC-Scope things years ago so that kind of put me off for life, that and the host software was buggy. Things may have progressed?

Rough Requirements / Maybes;

*Lightweight *Electrically Sound *Robust Firmware / Host Software *32-channels *100Mhz Sample *1Mbyte Depth / Per Channel *SPI Decode Facility / Data Extrapolation

The sampling depth up above I'm not too sure about as that just seems incredible in comparison to what I have at the moment, but am really just looking to spend say £200-300 tops. UK-based.

TIA,

Alison :-)

Reply to
Aly

Well, there are these lads and they're based in Suffolk (er, ah, your original Suffolk, not the one out by me)

The Ant18e is not as wide or as deep as your wish list, though. Don't know about the SPI. It does include a trigger-out, which can be useful. I carried around it's older, smaller sibling (Ant8) for years as part of my notebook PC kit. Eventually sold that to a mate to buy ...

... a LogicPort LC1034 from

Not in the UK, however. It has a small-ish buffer but the samples are timestamped so you're storing N transitions not just N samples. Does have SPI (and 232 and I2C) decoding. The host software is downloadable and can run in demo mode with some included sample captures.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Excellent, thanks for that Rich!! :-)

The RockyLogic people aren't too far from me actually.. Might be worth a look in.

Reply to
Aly