newbie to bootloader

I am new to linux/embedded linux. I have a strong understanding of embedded

hardware and C programming. I want to learn bootloader Recently got a board from hawkboard omap138 arm9 processor.can any one give documents how to write the bootloader for arm9 board.

Can someone please point to some tutorial about how to start with from scratch?

regards santhosh babu

santhosh-e

Instead of starting from scratch, why don't you start here:

Arlet Ottens

The TI website has the omap138 SDK including the UBOOT port and the bootstrap UBL code for different variants of omap138 startup. However, they load the ARM core only; you have to load the DSP core yourself.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

W dniu 2011-05-25 15:59, santhosh-e pisze:

I encourage you to use the u-boot bootloader. It is very flexible to customize and modify. In example you can easily add the TCP/IP stack (lwIP) and other features which your project requires.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://embedded-engineering.pl/