Microsoft has been 'Hiring People Like Mad' for third-generation 'Xbox 720'

-Mike
Reply to
Mike Warren

You have quoted me out of context. I may choose to submit your case to the netguard office, your patrolling authorities should be put under review.

Dimiter

CBFalc> >

Reply to
Didi

Lead by example. :)

w..

CBFalc> Walter Banks wrote:

Reply to
Walter Banks

Much better :-) Only remaining fault is the failure to snip. :-)

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Actually I had a subtler reason for quoting it all. I keep all my own postings, and eventually discard all the incoming ones. The full quote thus provides me with a copy for future admiration and possible robbing. :-)

BTW, can't you get to the bottom of posts with such keys as shift PgDn, etc.?

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

A perfect case for top posting including your reasoning of wanting to keep the reference. The response is a 5 line message buried in the middle somewhere.

w..

CBFalc> Guy Mac> >

Reply to
Walter Banks

I'm not sure if your smiley means I should not take these comments seriously or not. But I do find myself being drawn into a pointless discussion and compelled to explain to everyone here exactly why they are wrong! Maybe I need to have my meds increased?

I don't recall which side of the discussion you are on, but since people *do* quote long posts without snipping, doesn't that rather justify top posting?

BTW, I don't buy into the "local norms". I live in a small city that was pretty much the same for the last couple hundred years into the time that I became an adult. Then as urban sprawl from not too distant large cities brought tons of "new" people here, the norms changed. Why? Because the new people didn't care about the norms of the current residents and lived as they chose. Now the area is over half newbies and the character is totally different.

I don't see usenet being any different. Norms change and no one is "forced" to obey rules that don't actually affect anyone unless they choose to participate in whatever discussion is at hand. If they don't like the posters for *any* reason, they are free to read other threads.

Not until it makes it's way over the little wire the connects my computer to the rest of the world... and I'm not talking about the power cable.

But nothing is "free".

Reply to
rickman

You do not need to feel compelled to explain it, they (the posting format compliance watchguard) know all the obvious truths well enough. They appear to want to be inolved in some sort of authority - for whatever reasons, perhaps lack of real authority in their real lives. Ignoring them most of the time and putting them in place when they go over the top - without investing too much time or effort in doing so - seems a reasonable attitude to me.

Dimiter

rickman wrote:

Reply to
Didi