Implementing a third generation bus

Hello everybody, we are designing an architecture with the PXA250 processor and we would like to include any of the new bus architectures (such as RapidIO, HyperTransport, Infiniband, StarFabric or PCI Express)not as bus system but as external interconnect. Does somebody know if there is any driver for Linux or Windows CE? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sonia

Reply to
Sonia

Interesting, PXA250 is a low power CPU. Why do you need to a hyperformance bus connect to it?

I would think USB talk to such CPU should be good enough.

-- SLink hyperlinks all functions, macros, variables from thousands of src file together. Browse hyperlinked source code for .NET CLI, Mozilla, Apache, NetBSD, Ethereal, Chorus OS at

K_Lee

Apart from the OP's actual reasons: because quite frequently peripherals are available ONLY in "high performance" bus versions. For instance, if you want to drive an UXGA LCD directly from a PXA250, your only route is to use a laptop LCD controller, and they are only available in PCI variants.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

We'd like the platform to have an interface with any of the new third generation architectures, in order to research. We're thinking of adding PCI and a bridge PCI - 3GIO, but this seems not very efficient. Sonia

Reply to
Sonia