MicroC/OS-II for Renesas H8/300L

Hi,

I am trying to use MicroC/OS-II on an H8/300L of Renesas. The port was written by Mr. Labrosse himself and he used the Renesas development tool HEW 2.0. I didn't find this tool on the website of Renesas and they didn't answer my calls up to now. Then I found the website

where you can download the HEW and toolchains for it. But I only can find the HEW 2.2 without any toolchain and the HEW 3.0 with toolchain there. The project files of Mr. Labrosse are not compatible with the HEW 3.0. So I tried to rebuild the project on my own. I added all needed files and tried to compile it, but some commands are not known by the compiler/assembler. Maybe Mr. Labrosse used another compiler or it is because it's a newer one. Does somebody know where I can get this compiler from? Or does somebody know how I can translate for example the assembler command ".SECTION P,Code,Align=2" into an assembler command which is known by the kpit toolchain? I would be very glad about your help.

Björn

Reply to
Bj?rn

HEW is basically an IDE that can use several toolchains. The versions from KPIT come with the GNU toolchain, but Renesas also have their own, see

IIRC you can download the compiler and assembler manuals from Renesas' website. With them, converting to GNU should be pretty easy (I've done this myself for some SH sources).

-a

Reply to
ammonton

SNIP

Jean Labrosse runs a newsgroup for Microc/OS-II on Yahoo. You will find it on

If you subscribe to that group on Yahoo, you can ask him the question directly.

--
Scott
ExoTech R&D, Inc.