looking for OEM handhelds manufacturers

I'm looking for OEM handhelds manufacturers, ie some vendors which sell partially or fully assembled handhelds computers on specification, to be put into customized enclosures. The ideal platform is a ARM (or x86) compatible processor at 200/400 MHz, has a high quality touch screen, 802.11 and Bluetooth working at the same time, one host usb port and SD/MMC and/or CF expansion capabilities. The compatibility with Linux is also required.

Could anybody provide some pointers? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ymax

Take a look at Two Technologies:

or QSI:

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

There could be an opportunity to convince Sharp to enter the medium range PDA market again. The spec essentially is like a SL-5500/5600 device.

Other contacts might be found through

-- hns

If you want to use a new (Macintosh based) application development kit using Linux, X11 and GNUstep for ARM processors, please consider myPDA (or

)

Reply to
Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Somebody's advertising in the back of Circuit Cellar:

Mel Wilson

If you find a PDA with a USB host, please let me know.

remove 'yomama' to reply.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

I have read in some forum about an USB-Host card in Compact Flash format that appears to work with the Sharp Zaurus. Could also work with other PDAs - as long as a kernel driver supports USB.

hns

Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

There are two that I'm aware of, the CFU1U from RATOC

and the Solar Express from

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens