Looking for Embeeded kernel to load onto ARM Micro-controller (128K Flash, 64K RAM)

Looking for Embeeded kernel to load onto ARM based Micro-controller (128K Flash, 64K RAM). Is there any where source code is available for this Micro controller?.

Reply to
GS

You should try uC-OS 2. Its a OS written in C. All you have to do is code a few assembly routines (even then it has been ported to most systems anyway, I am pretty sure ARM is a definate).

Dan

Ken

I recently tried that with an Atmel AT91EB40A evaluation board. I used the application note (AN-40) from the Micrium website, the source code from the book I bought on Amazon, and using Evalaution IAR embedded workbench with JTAG interface.

There were only minor hassles, since the version of the souce code supplied with the book is older than officially required for the App note. I just commented out a few function calls that support some new features not supported in my kernel source and it compiled and ran fine. Although this is my first experience with 32-bit micros, it was very encouraging.

regards, Johnny.

Reply to
Johnny

Michael Anburaj wrote a very useful uC/OSII port for ARM:

Wansmaak

Johnny,

Do you have any idea howmuch Flash and RAM on this Atmel Controller, also Is there any link incase if I want to buy that controller.

My ARM controller contains 128K flash and 64K RAM, both are part of ARM controller, I am wondering whether the filnal object can fit in that size?. Thanks.

Reply to
GS

OSEK-OS

would fit if you don't need many OS services.

Toni.

Reply to
Toni76

Toni,

I don't need many OS services, I visited the web site

I couldn't able to find any icon to download package, Is this free or paid package, could you please let me know the link to download package.

GS.

T> OSEK-OS

would fit if you don't need many OS services.

Reply to
GS

Hi GS,

if your micro is the LPC2106 (I don't know about another one with 128k / 64k) there is an ApNote AN-1206B from Micrium here:

Others that come to mind but are more expensive: Nucleus from Mentor Graphics, kernel is small but lots of driver options CMX from CMX systems, also small kernel and competitive pricing

hth, Schwob

GS wrote:

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA

OSEK is a stadard, 3soft just *sells* an implementation of this standard. for more details about OSEK

Have fun...

Reply to
Toni76