open support question to Xilinx. should be fairly simple to answer.

Hi Dear Xilinx and users of Xilinx FPGA devices,

Q: is it possible to use:

1) Xilinx ISE/EDK 7.1 all latest service packs 2) Xilinx platform usb cable (pld updated by impact 7.1) 3) target device Xilinx V4 LX25 4) EDK XMD (I think I tried all variants of them!)

All the above are Xilinx latest and greatest!

To my understanding its not possible to get them to work, XMD fails to connect or crash terminates no matter what I use.

I have a fresh new dual CPU PC workstation (with NO PARALLEL port), I assumed that to be ok, as Xilinx has now the new and better usb cable. I have at my use:

1) original Xilinx Cable III - 1 pcs 2) amontec cable emulating Cable III - 1 pcs 3) Xilinx parallel Cable IV - 3 pcs 4) Xilinx usb cable - 2 pcs

and all that hardware is piece of junk !! except amontec cable that I use regularly to program Atmel AVR's, as I can not use them as the XMD crashes for the system I need to use it for.

I am really really really getting upset again over Xilinx EDK, the amount of time wasted with the fights with it!

So the question, is it possible or not to use EDK 7.1 XMD, V4 and platform usb cable? [Y/N]

An simple authoritave NO would be great help, I would not longer struggle then trying the impossible, of course if there is some trick to make it all work the better

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

uups sorry i posted to wrong newsgroup :( antti

"Antti Lukats" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d6cvt5$qj2$02$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

of

all

Reply to