Does free RTOS Object file can fit in ARM7 (Philips 2106) microcontroller?.

ARM7 Microcontroller has 128K Flash and 64K RAM, does free RTOS object file can fit in that flash?. Thanks.

Reply to
santa19992000

If you mean freeRTOS

then yes it should, there's a port to Olimex's 2106 and 2124 development boards.

If you mean free RTOSs in general then you'll struggle with the more complex ones such as eCos

You'll want one of the larger LPC22xx chips with external storage before they become really useful. The smaller task schedulers such as freeRTOS will be fine.

Richard Tuffin

Reply to
Richard Tuffin

Rich,

I wouldlike to some kind of RTOS which should handle some socket calls and some loadable kernel module/Task kind of stuff, I don't need high end based systen, I would like to load low end based only, since on this microcontroller 128K flash and 64K RAM available, there are two serial ports also available, I need some CLI communication. I am looking for some kind of RTOS I would like to run (somebody suggested uC-OS-ii). Thanks.

Reply to
santa19992000

What do you want to do with the CLI?

uC-OS-ii is not free.

Reply to
SmithK

It is free with the book. But you must pay is you want to sell you product.

I do not think the book version comes with the TCP/IP Stack.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

This I needed to do some in-house project. I would like to do some RTOS project using kernel and loadable modules, also set something using CLI and all. This is not for selling to anybody

Reply to
santa19992000

I have two serial ports, SPI, I2C, I need to do some communication over the serial ports, I don't think I can do some network based since ARM7 controller don't have any interface to ethernet. Probably I need TCP/IP stack if I want to do some PPP over HDLC (serial port), even if TCP/IP not available it should be OK.

Reply to
santa19992000

You will find live software update in commercial rtos but not in basic ones.

You could write your own code for that:

Have a task capable of receiving data through the protocol you are using and copy the code at some place in memory. Then create a task with that adress as the main function. You must find a way of generating executable code. You could reserve fixed adresses in memory and have the linker locate the code at these addresses. If you want your downloaded code to be able to call your functions, you can create a table in memory at a known location that contains the addresses of the functions.

Reply to
Lanarcam