Looking for an intern(or hire) opportunity (US nationwide)

I am looking for a full/part-time nationwide intern (or hire) opportunity (hardware/software/firmware design or marketing/outsourcing in China).

I have 4-year automotive industry experience in China and also formed a small company there. Right now, I've finished my MSEE study in Purdue focusing on real-time data acquisition and processing.

Most of my experience is related to:

1) DSP/MCU in C, FPGA in VHDL w/ design and debug, GUI and communication in VC/VB, and Algorithm simulation in MatLab/Simulink; 2) The designing, debugging, and testing of schematics/layout in Protel/OrCAD and mechanical drawing in AutoCAD (stepper,brushless DC motor,..); 3) Searching and Certifying Chinese product suppliers;

I can start working ASAP. If you have this kind of opportunities, please send me email.

Thanks

Xiao xiaoembedded [at] gmail [dot] com

Reply to
Xiao Geng

marketing/outsourcing

Ignoring any other issues related to your message, you did not specify the one important fact any employer will want to know: Are you authorized to work in the United States?

Reply to
larwe

Thanks for your reply.

I am holding F-1 visa. I need H-1 sponsorship in the future.

Since I've finished almost all master degree requirements, I can apply for CPT/OPT to immediately start working. During CPT and OPT periods (from right now to Oct,2006), I can legally work without sponsorship.

xiao

xiaoembedded [at] gmail [dot] com

snipped-for-privacy@larwe.com wrote:

specify

Reply to
Xiao Geng

Thanks for your reply.

Yes.I am authorized to work in the United States. I am holding F-1 visa and need H-1 sponsorship in the future.

I can apply for CPT/OPT to immediately start working. During CPT and OPT periods (from right now to Oct,2006), I can legally work without sponsorship.

xiao

xiaoembedded [at] gmail [dot] com

snipped-for-privacy@larwe.com wrote:

specify

Reply to
Xiao Geng

Please do not toppost, which many find offensive. I fixed this one. At least you used the google interface correctly with quotations. You would be well advised to get a real newsreader.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

--
GrumpyRichard.com
A daily chronicle of honest medicine
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grumpy Richard

I'm

It's not important - I have *more* than enough curmudgeon points to ignore anyone who comments on my posting style, particularly when they follow it up with condescension.

Reply to
larwe

... snip ...

I did say "many". The only problem with proper posting is that too many fail to snip irrelevant matererial.

--
 Some informative links:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

I just knew these words, top-post and bottom-post. I thought "top-post" means you use legal or illegal ways to let the topic popular and keep it on the top of the forum. Since we have the word "post-top" in Chinese Internet pop language.

If you guys can read a little Chinese, you can go take a look at

one of the most popular Chinese forums. You will find almost all Chinese net-ters are used to top-posting. Because that helps others read the lastest message. It's just a habit difference, if it's not a good 'Net etiquette', I just use "bottom-post".

Thanks to let me know the top-post.

Reply to
xiao geng

"Grumpy Richard" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net...

It's nice to have personal opinions. My current strategy is that top-posters go directly into the kill file. No exceptions.

PLONK!

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

This shows why the Ch>

Reply to
Grumpy richard

Grumpy richard wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Consistent posting makes the most sense, mixed top and bottom posting is the worst. In a newsgroup that primarilly bottom posts, that is the best method, in a newsgroup that primarilly topposts, that is the best method. I have my personal preferences, but they are really irrelevant.

--
Richard
Reply to

Without any clue as to the context? If that works, why quote at all?

Top posting is rarely appropriate. Responses should follow the part of the message being responded to. That's why it's called a response. (If there is a single issue, that's bottom posting.) Parts of the message not relevant to the response should be trimmed.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan Balmer

Reply to
Grumpy richard

Thanks for your replies. But please don't reply any more to discuss posting styles. If you all want, I can start a new topic to discuss top/bottom/mixed posting.

I am still seeking intern jobs. I believe USA working experience is helpful for my career. If anyone has related intern positions or have questions about outsourcing to China that I might be able to help (not a consulting service), please email me to: xiaoembedded [at] gmail [dot] com.

I've removed my first message with a little more detailed personal information. Anyway, I have 4 year industry experience in China w/ USA MSEE, hold F-1 visa with CPT/OPT working permission, and seek Embedded intern/hire opportunities in US nationwide.

Thanks

Reply to
xiao geng

Hello Xiao and everyone else,

I have read this forum for years and contributed a bit. My employer and my department (me) could use a few good employees. We have embedded, application (GUI and service), and other positions available. While I value experience, we have lots of entry level work as well. We have the ideas and not enough resources to get them all done. The company is located south of Tampa, Florida and is called Teltronics. You can find various positions posted in the career section at

We have telecommunications products, alarm management, and contract manufacturing. I've also seen entry level and higher level positions for the local cable box companies and military groups. I've also seen Packeteer in California and Canada looking for embedded help.

David [huey dot dll at gte dot net]

Reply to
David

I'm not sure about the details of F-1 visas, my experience is through the H-1B route. What I CAN tell you is that if your target geographical area is "anywhere in the USA" there are plenty of opportunities.

Email me and I'll forward you the most recent few such items that have come to me. I'm not interested in relocating to TX, CA or AZ so they're out of the question for me.

Reply to
larwe

Alan Balmer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Bottomposting in a forum that topposts normally is just as annoying as topposting in a forum that normally bottomposts. Personally, I prefer intermixing my replies with what I am quoting so there is no difficulty in determining what is being replied to, however, I would not do that in a topposting forum, much as I would prefer that people don't toppost in a bottomposting forum that I read.

--
Richard
Reply to

I thought that is what you were referring to as "mixed top and bottom posting." I couldn't understand your objection.

Why? Do you assume those who top post can't be educated? ;-)

I have not seen any compelling reason for top posting as opposed to what you call intermixing. The arguments for top posting always seem to boil down to lack of appropriate editing, which is another subject.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan Balmer

... snip ...

To start with, newsgroups are not forums. They are also emphatically not google groups, which is only a (flawed) interface to the usenet system.

"Intermixed" replies are always perfectly acceptable, and are generally better than pure bottom-posting. The thing that is NOT acceptable is posting a reply above the quoted material, especially as that encourages failure to trim. Any newsgroup in the comp. hierarchy is not a suitable place for top-posting, which simply shows the posters ignorance.

Most of the time I consider that long articles with multiferous themes are pointless, and will never be read anyhow. When they are cut down to a single thought or two there is often little reason for interspersed replies. The result should then fit on a screen or two.