looking for Online or local supplier

New to the US, Seattle based. I'm looking for either an online or local supplier of eletcronic supplies, wire, pcb, resistors, ics etc etc

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.sqlview.net

?

Reply to
Roger

For reasonably broad coverage of current-technology stuff,

In my experience, all three are fast and reputable.

For more exotic current-technology parts (with higher prices, higher minimum orders)

For surplus/overstock/oddities, try

For a small selection of very simple "jellybean" parts and supplies, often not-in-stock, but accompanied a truly wonderful assortment of blank stares in response to any technical question that doesn't involve cellphones, your local Radio Shack store.

Dave Platt

In the message quoted below, Dave names all the major ones. In addition,

has some interesting things. I don't know what Seattle has locally, but if there's a Fry's store, it's worth a visit.

Reply to
mc

ROFL!

Our local Radio Shack coraked years ago. Guess what it became? A cell phone store...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the US. The online stores have been pretty well listed. Don't forget to look around your local area. Ask a few ham radio operators where they go when they need a 74HC14 right now. I was surprised to find a surplus store here in Sacramento. Still a 40+ mile drive for me but if I can't wait until tomorrow it's a deal. Just don't look when some of them bag the parts. ESD compliance isn't always their forte, makes your neck hairs stand up.

For tools there used to be Radar Electronics in Bothell (where my first employer is located). Then there was Vetco in Bellevue. Maybe Seattle has some as well, could be nicely combined with a pint of Ballard's Bitter in a pub. Oh, do I miss that...

In Bellevue there is a huge pub with IIRC over 100 beers on tap. Tap House Grill or something like that, not far from the Red Lion Hotel.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

JeffM

But Google won't tell you what they are really like, especially the locally owned surplus places, if any.

Reply to
mc

how about the following ?

Patrick

"Michael Tissington" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

Alphatronics, south of the Southcenter Mall, on Andover Parkway East. Fry's, in Renton Vetco, somewhere near Northup Way in Bellevue/Redmond (New location?) Radar Electric, in an office park in Woodinville

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Very true. Several times I found electronics places in the yellow pages and when I got there I asked myself "Why did I even bother?".