TEK 2445 cursor intern. adj.

Will Louis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There is no internal trimmer pot for this.You may be thinking of the R-O jitter pot.

You probably have a bad sample/hold cap(0.1uf DIP or glass cap) on one of the op-amps that digitize the front panel pots(on the microprocessor PCB.).

You need to READ the CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION in order to understand how this scope works.It's well worth it. There also are exercizer routines accessed thru diagnostic menus that let you check out the front panel pots range.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I read in sci.electronics.design that Will Louis wrote (in ) about 'TEK 2445 cursor intern. adj.', on Sat, 24 Sep 2005:

I doubt that you have trimmer trouble, unless it's open-circuit, which was the fault that caused a similar problem with my R&S SWOB sweep generator.

The X deflection is almost certainly done by a long-tailed pair, and something has upset its balance, maybe within the LTP itself or in the inputs to it.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

I have a much-loved TEK 2445 CRO. The vertical screen cursor will only move across the right 70% of the screen. IOW it does not reach anywhere near the left side.

I have heard there is an internal trimmer for this. I have the service manual, but it is not described.

Any chance someone has had experience with this and can advise?

Will Louis

Reply to
Will Louis

Jim is right, but you need a service manual for this scope to get info about the circuit description.

The exercizer (hmm, if it's a devil's scope an exorciser might be fine too, grin...) are descreibed in detail at the end of the operator manual. If you need a op manual, download one for free from

The servie manuals are charged for, but op is free.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn