Looking for 3.3V SCC that can do HDLC

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a nice Serial Communications Controller, in a QFP or similar package that can do HDLC at rates at least up to

1Mb/s. It also needs to be able to run from a 3.3V supply, and preferably have 5V tolerant inputs on the serial side.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Anton Erasmus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Can't say I've used it but it's HDLC and 3.3V if I read it correctly.

- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Thanks,

I have forgotten about infineon. I have used their older devices when they were still Siemens. It had one very painful "feature" - If one masked specific interrupt sources, it stopped updating thos particular status bits. One had to handle either everything in interrupts, or everything in polled mode. We ran into this problem when we wanted to use polled transmit, with interrupt driven receive. Hopefully they have fixed this feature.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus