Looking fro Flex , Yacc type tool suitable for embedded work.

Hi,

I am looking for a parser generating tool that can generate C code suitable for small MCUs, such as an AVR. Preferably it should be able to generate code for a state machine type parser. Something like Anagram from Parsifal Soft would have been ideal, but unfortunately Jerome T. Holland of Parsifal soft died some time ago, and since then Anagram has been unavailable.

Can anyone recommend a similar tool, or perhaps have a second hand copy of Anagram they wish to sell.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Try

-tim

Reply to
Timothy Purves

I found pccts very easy to use, I do not know how it compares with Anagram. It is included with many Linux & ???BSD distributions.

pccts generates parsers that constructs a tree representation of their input, and a "tree walker" to generate the transformed output. The parsers are alike to hand-crafted recursive-descent parsers instead of the table/state machine approach used by YACC. ( In my opinion this makes debugging grammars much easier.)

See

for the original pccts tool (written in C) and
for its successor (written in Java)

Roberto Waltman.

Roberto Waltman.

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman