VGA to LCD converter.

Hello. After some research with google, I couldn't find any information (my fault probably.)

I need to connect a Pentium M based board to a LCD (LVDs or conventional

18 bits interface, either is fine.) Does somebody know of a board or reference design that could perform such a task?

TIA for your help.

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Check our site at

go to "Produits MVD" and select "Carte TFT Express".

Walter.

"Elder Costa" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
INS122595

Thanks, Walter.

Happily I still remember some french I learned looooooong ago. :-) However I need higher resolutions (1024 x 768 mandatory, higher desirable.) Is there any chance this board can be designed for higher resolution?

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Look at the Averlogic AL300 EVB for ONE design. You do not give enough information as to screen type you are using as 'VGA' is a much abused term from and screen resolution to several different resolutions and colour depths.

Doing a google search on Graphic LCD Controllers, and several companies make boards to do this to varying levels of quality depending on what you want to achieve.

Whether you need to choose LVDS or 18bit parallel depends on the screen module you are using.

--
Paul Carpenter		| paul@pcserv.demon.co.uk
        Main Site

How many bits per pixel? You mensioned 18 bits. Do you mean 6 bits each for RGB. You can just use 3 6 bits Flash A to D plus some glue logics. For one of our customer, we are using 3 bits (8 levels each) for 512 colors (8x8x8). If you don't need real colors, 3 or 4 bits should be sufficient. A 3 bits flash A/D can be constructed with 2 quad op-amp for less than $1.

Reply to
Linnix