Looking for bluetooth module

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive bluetooth module that one can connect to a MCU via the serial, SPI or I2C port. I do not want to write the prorcol stack myself. I should be able to use simple commands to the module, and the module should handle all the protocol specifics of bluetooth.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Haven't used any myself (yet), but here's some info:

-- ...The Bit Eimer [remove keinewurst and reverse letters in domain to email me]

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"

bit eimer

Parallax is selling one. Go to their web site

I think) and search the catalog for Bluetooth. I've used them to communicate between a data acquisiton module based around a PIC 16F and a PC with a Linksys Bluetooth to USB widget. Worked very well.

Rob Young snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org

Reply to
Rob Young

I am using BRM01 from RF Solutions.

SDC

"Anton Erasmus" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Sérgio Correia (Sapo News)

Has anyone ever actually seen a Zensys product? They were talking smack about some badass low-bitrate wireless meshing module based off an 8051 some time ago. Aimed for home automation and what not. It looked pretty cool, but I havent seen or heard from them in a long long time.

They're not purchasable, are they?

Myren

Reply to
myren, lord

Hi,

I'm an embedded developer, but never worked on any Bluetooth stuff before.

Does anyone have any good links so I can do some reading up?

I am wondering what hw/sw would be involved in a Bluetooth hands free kit for a mobile ( cell ) phone? Like the little Bluetooth head-sets you can buy for $40 or so?? Do people offer off the shelf modules for this?

Thanks, David.

Reply to
David Powell

I sure have seen one and held it in my hand. DevKits are purchaseable at

.

/mikael

"myren, lord" skrev i en meddelelse news:cgrd3r$f3a$ snipped-for-privacy@grapevine.wam.umd.edu...

Reply to
Mikael Sylvest

You can download the Bluetooth 1.2 specifications from there.

Reply to
Gary Kato

We've used it with superb results.

Ant> Hi,

Reply to
Alan Cohen

Have you used this to communicate with a USB/Bluetooth dongle on a PC?

On their webpage, they talk of point-to-point comm; do you know if multiple such units can talk "simultaneously" to a single bluetooth dongle?

Sorry if these might be stupid questions - I'm new to Bluetooth.

-- ...The Bit Eimer [remove keinewurst and reverse letters in domain to email me]

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"

bit eimer

Yes, we're chatting happily with a Linksys USB dongle; I believe that we've had multiple simultaneous promidongle conversations, but can't swear to it. In principal, it shouldn't be a problem.

Al

bit eimer wrote:

Reply to
Alan Cohen