Looking for keypad + LCD display with RS-232 link.

Hi,

Anybody know who manufactures a keypad with numeric keys with at least an "enter" key. It should have a character display of at least 16 characters with an RS-232 interface. Similar to a seperate numeric keypad, but with an RS-232 interface in stead of PS/2 or USB. A price below US$200 would be nice. I have a product that reads data from barcodes, and I need an interface that can be used to manually input the barcode if the scanner fails to read the barcode.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

How many?

Reply to
cbarn24050

Have a look at :

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

I know, but I currently do not have the time, and I need a stopgap solution in the mean time. If I can get a product at a reasonable price. i.e. MUCH less than US$200, I would just stick with the bought out unit. If I can for US$200, I will use them until I have time to build my own. I of course would rather chew glass than build this using a PIC. :)

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Thanks, but they have a full qwerty keyboard. I have found many products with full or nearly full keyboards, but are battleing to find something with only 11 upto 20 keys. I can find keyboards alone, but not the display/keyboard combination. It is hard to believe there is no requirement for such a product.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

On 08/03/2006 the venerable Anton Erasmus etched in runes:

Your best bet is the Mega32 Control Board from Futurlec (~ 45 USD). It has interfaces for RS232 and a character LCD (such as Powertip PC2004) and plenty of extra I/O for any keypad you choose.

I have loads of C code for it.

--
John B

Delete 'spam blocker' to reply direct.
Reply to
John B

Several possibilities here:

Gary Peek

You could allways just pay someone to write the code for a pic, or whatever, and then put it together yourself.

Reply to
cbarn24050

How about using the cheapest Palm pilot

No "real" keyboard of course.

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

Anton,

Send me a message offline. We just developed something that should fit the bill perfectly for you and be considerably cheaper than your spec. Send an email to ceiboss at hotmail dot com.

Regards,

Scott

Reply to
ssc