Can transactions sniffer?

Hi, All. We are trying to implement atmega90CAN128. Could anybody advise a program (preferably with source ) that would sniff CAN-bus transactions and send data to e.g. RS232 port? Or advise why this my desire may be unreasonable? Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alexander Baranov

For the AT90CAN128 ? Or for a development PC ? If this is the first time you are using CAN, I would suggest getting hold of a PC CAN Card with at least minimal software. One needs a another node on a CAN bus to be able to succefully transmit a message.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

unreasonable?

If you budget will stretch to it - the CANalyzer is an excellent tool:

Regards, Richard.

Richard

If you have shallower pockets, this one is excellent:

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sinclair

Do you have prices? It might be early in the morning, but their catalog "with pricelist" does not seem to have any.

I expect the CAN to USB dongle to be fairly cheap. The PCI card probably some more, but still reasonable?

JW

Reply to
cyberzl1

Whare are you located?

You can by Peak stuff in the US from

USB is 239 USD.

The Linux driver works great.

The windows driver, not so great:

1) It can only be opened by one program at a time. If a second program attempts to open the driver/library it locks up and then you have to reboot (Win9x) or log-out/log-in (XP). 2) The API is pure busy-wait polling. Either you burn lots of CPU or you put up with higher latencies.

259 USD
--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Am I elected yet?
                                  at