HDLC,SCC, USART, ITU V.24/V.28, RS232

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member.

I need an HDLC IC in order to implement a full ITU-T V.24/V.2 communication (both DTE/DCE and both asynchronous/synchronous).

Industry standard UART ICs doesn't provide synchronous communication.

I couldn't find a simple USART IC for that purpose. USARTs are commonly i MCUs.

I thoughed that a HDLC IC will do my job. I can only find Infineo SEROCCO-H PEB/PEF 20525 SEROCCO-M PEB/PEF 20532 SEROCCO-D PEB/PEF 20542 that works with 3.3V supply and industrial temperature range.

Can anybody suggest any other ICs for my purpose?

Reply to
msu

H PEB/PEF 20525SEROCCO-M PEB/PEF 20532SEROCCO-D PEB/PEF 20542

Hi I have started to work with peb20525 , for implementing SDLC. But I will use only crc and bit insertion functions of serocco .Because in automode ,window size is 1 . I also have development board "easyboard" .It just arrived yesterday so I can't give you much info about it. But Inf=FDneon support isn't good I think. maybe you should check Zilog MCU's Regards

Reply to
tguclu

Checkout Coldfire MCF5272 . It has a HDLC Software Module. :):) Its ROM module also has data tables for soft HDLC.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru