Programming my PIC chip in Linux

I'm running Ubuntu Linux. I have a C project that I want to compile and upload to my PIC chip (the PIC16F684 to be exact). I've already gotten the PIC Lite C complier from htsoft.com, but I need an application for uploading the machine code to the chip. Windows users use a thing called MPLAB, but I can't get this for Linux. Can anyone please suggest a Linux alternative? I don't need any fancy stuff, just the bare basics:

  • C compiler for the PIC16F684 * Program to upload the machine code to the chip

I'm using something called a PIC 1 Starter Kit to program the chip, it hooks up to a PC via USB port.

--
Tomás Ó hÉilidhe
Reply to

PIKLAB: piklab.sourceforge.net

does what you need.

--
rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw@shadow.org.uk
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow