Green Energy Employment Options for an Embedded Engineer?

Hello Everyone, I have about 8 years of experience in hardware and software development. I'm ready to move on to the next level of my career but I would like to do that at some type of energy management or green power job and make a difference in the world. This is has always been an area of interest for me but I'm not sure who I should be asking or where I should be looking. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks.

Reply to
JE