Ottawa Canada - Embedded Software Engineer (6 month Contracts)

Job Description: Embedded Software Engineer (6 month Contracts)

We're looking for Embedded Software Engineers to be part of the router development team within a strong organization. If are looking to work in a strong team environment and leading edge products this is the contract for you.

The Requirements

Software Engineer with 4-8 years of experience in the Telecom industry.

- Should have knowledge/experience with QNX or VxWorks or Unix

- Layer 1/2 experience preferable: At least one of Ethernet, SONET, ATM, Channelized Sonet.

- Prefer experience working in an IP Router or Layer 2 switch or ATM product.

- Work experience with TCP/IP, IP Routing, IP packet forwarding highly desirable.

- Educational background: BSc or MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.

Other requirements:

- outgoing, energetic

- hardworking

- highly driven individual

Cheers,

Stuart Musson Talent Agent (613) 288-8788 O snipped-for-privacy@talentlab.com

What are people saying:

"Hi Stuart, I'm glad that I came across you. It's nice to know you take a personal interest in the people and are committed to helping them succeed in their career choice. Your service surpassed my expectations. I especially appreciate that you not only helped me get placed in my dream job, but that you also helped me overcome all my concerns by answering all my queries, even at odd hours. I would rate you 9 in a scale of 1 to 10. To anyone who needs a break in his or her career, I definitely would recommend talking to you. I know if I ever wish to change my job, I can turn to you for help. Thank You! DB"

Reply to
stuart

I think CBF has a lot more spare time than he knows what to do with, and posts about the most trivial violations (in his mind). I wonder if he's driven his wife totally crazy, she probably left years ago.

Reply to
Ramses Rimpfelmyr

Some of us, however, appreciate his vigilance. He takes the time to educate newcomers about the conventions of this news group. How else will they know?

This is unnecessary. Decorum ... please.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

They can watch and learn. I should say CBF does post a topical message from time to time, but he also needlessly increases noise with "no top posting" or "this and that not permitted" posts, which are hardly educational. If he just wanted to educate the particular offender, he would reply to their email and not to the whole world.

The purpose of this group is discussing embedded technologies. Posting an embedded job offer is IMO more topical than whining about the style or bullying the OPs.

Reply to
Roman

Thanks. I do attempt to combine the education with something worthwhile, but this particular thread has no redeeming qualities. Squawks such as that by the Egyptian Rimpfelmyr have even less value.

CBFalconer

Actually, if more programmers thought about style, we'd have a lot better software in this world. Being able to learn and follow the style rules of a newsgroup is not that different from learning and following the style rules of a programming language, and in both cases, readability is key.

Reply to
David Brown

Somehow this seems very Lovecraftian. "The mad Arab Alhazred".

Reply to
larwe